This steering concept, developed during a 2nd
stage of research, is based on previous experiences :
- Focusing stress on the CGM point (Contact Ground Mobile).
- Possibility of using the internal wheel space.
- Introduction of a second large diameter bearing.
Current techniques :
At present, steering pins are made up of two axle bearings or ball joints on the swivel pin with a variable ground clearance, which can be quite high in the case of two-wheelers.
OSMOS technique :
Our steering pin created for the orbital wheel is designed around a 2nd large diameter bearing in the hollow section of our circular runner and is slightly inclined with respect to the horizontal plane.
- Increased precision due to the elimination of effects of deformation at the level of the stub axles and forks of the motorbikes.
- Elimination of structural stress, vibrations…
- Design that allows for the development of more rational steering systems in the future.